Safety Precautions

General Precautions for Electrical Appliances

The appliance must be disconnected / unplugged before attempting to repair it or fit any spare part.

Please make sure that you have read your product's manual and warranty conditions before attempting to install a part or otherwise repair your appliance.

Microwave Ovens


Pacemaker wearers must consult their physician before attempting to service or repair a microwave oven. For additional advice on this subject, write to the manufacturer of your pacemaker.

Electrical Charge

Warning about the electric charge in the high voltage capacitor: An electric charge remains in the high voltage capacitor after use, even in the event of the microwave being unplugged. The capacitor must be shorted across all terminals to discharge it. This MUST be done with an insulated link.

Mains Lead

When parts must be replaced, remove the mains lead from the wall socket. Avoid inserting any foreign materials, etc. through any hole in the microwave oven during operation.


There exists high voltage electricity with high current capabilities in the circuits of the high voltage transformer secondary and filament terminals. It is extremely dangerous to work on or near these circuits with the oven energized.

Do not touch any part of the circuitry on the touch control circuit, since a static electric discharge may damage this control panel.

Do not operate on a 2-wire extension cord. The microwave oven is designed to be used when grounded. It is imperative therefore, to make sure that the oven is grounded prior to repair.


Microwave radiation. Do not become exposed to radiation from microwave generator or other parts conducting microwave energy.

Washing Machines

When replacing carbon brushes, check the old brushes for signs of burn-out or overheating. If this is evident it may indicate that the water pump also requires replacing. The design of certain machines is such that they can go into spin mode even though the tub may still contain water that has not been pumped away. This causes excessive current to flow through the motor and excessive sparking at the brushes. This can cause early burn-out of new brushes and damage to the motor itself. Replace the pump.